Medinah Minerals (MDMN) - 2016 Q4- General Discussion

Off Topic, but it is relevant to some shareholders:
Bloomberg announced that TD Ameritrade is talking and seeking to buy Scottrade for $ 4 Billion and would combine brokerages with some money financial operations going to a Canadian Bank. Hope Any / All transactions are smooth, unlike the Share Dividends we went thru several years ago, etc.

3 Likes

MASGLASā€™S ACQUISITION OF THE PRINCESSA CABALLO PROPERTY IN CALLIGUAY

Hi CHG, thanks for the heads up on the Calliguay acquisition. From Medinahā€™s point of view, I like this acquisition for a couple of reasons. The Calliguay property is just northwest of the valley/Caren River basin that abuts the northern downslope off of the ADL plateau. This northern downslope contains the 4 Nuoco properties that Medinah owns a 36.25% interest in because of their 15% Nuoco stake over and above their 25% stake in AMC.

In one of their ā€œupdatesā€ to Medinah shareholders, NUOCO cited what might be a ā€œgame changingā€ discovery of ā€œyet another porphyritic intrusive separate from the ADL breccia areaā€ which we now know emanates from the Cu/Mo porphyry near Pegaso Nero. This area featured 3 different forms of ā€œhigh octane copperā€ often associated with areas of supergene enrichment including ā€œchalcociteā€. With the amalgamation of Nuoco and AMC suddenly things went eerily quiet on this new ā€œgame changingā€ discovery. I think we now might know why.

In my opinion, one of the real ā€œgame changingā€ events was Aguileraā€™s discovery that the molybdenite at the PN shared the same approximately 91 million year old formation date of the Andacollo Mine which is the star deposit in the Chilean Coastal Rangeā€™s ā€œEarly Cretaceous Porphyry Beltā€ to the north of the ADL. Why is Andacollo the star? It happens to feature a 40 meter wide supergene enrichment zone with plenty of high octane ā€œchalcociteā€ present. There are also plenty of NW trending gold veins. Up until Aguileraā€™s geodating was done, the mining industry always assumed that this famous porphyry belt ended well to the north of the ADL area. Now the ADL deposit shares the same ā€œDNAā€ as one of Chileā€™s largest historic copper and gold producers. Once youā€™ve learned that your discovery represents the new southern terminus of this famous 91 million year old porphyry belt then obviously you want to zip your lips and head north and tie down what you can in between the ADL and the previously assumed southern terminus of the belt. It appears that Masglas/Mauricio has successfully pulled this off with a 6,000 ha acquisition.

Thereā€™s been a lot written about the Andacollo Mine and the underlying geology. Teresa Morenoā€™s book ā€œThe Geology of Chileā€ features a chapter written by Victor Maksaev that covers the ā€œEarly Cretaceous Porphyry Beltā€ and its dozen or so discoveries. Suffice it to say that there are plenty of similarities between the Ancacollo Mine and the ADL deposit especially having to do with the grades of the gold found about 2-3 Km from the porphyry areas although the Caren grades appear to leave the ā€œAndacollo Goldā€ grades in the dust. The Andacollo Mine featured the highest grade gold of any operating copper porphyry deposit in Chile. Having a ā€œtemplateā€ like the Andacollo Mine and the ability to learn from it is very valuable to geoscientists who are constantly trying to refine their geomodel of the ADL. From a REGIONAL point of view, Mother Nature can be fairly consistent at times especially in an area with an underlying subduction zone driving the formation of upward migrating magma and associated hydrothermal fluids.

In Chile right now, everybody and their brother in the mining industry are heading towards the Chilean Coastal Range because of the POWER, WATER AND GLACIER issues in the Andes and the POWER AND WATER issues in the Atacama Region. Between the Medinah deal and the acquisition of First Quantumā€™s Inmet assets Masglas has established a very large ā€œfootprintā€ in this area and they donā€™t appear to be slowing down one bit as their recent press releases suggest.

Maksaevā€™s description of the Andacollo deposit holds a lot of similarities to AMCā€™s description of the ADL deposit. In Morenoā€™s book he states that at Andacollo there are: "about 100 NW trending gold bearing veins of various sizes (think Caren/Merlin/Fortuna), along with stratabound deposits (think LDM) associated with feldspar-hematite and a chloritic alteration haloes occur at Andacollo Gold. Gold is contained in gold bearing pyrite which is disseminated along pink colored, pervasively altered strata and accompanied by sphaelorite, galena and chalcopyrite veins. A whole rock K-Ar age of 91 million years obtained from a gold bearing sample IS REGARDED AS A MINIMUM AGE TO THE MINERALIZATION (Munizaga et. al, 1985, Reyes 1991).

In regards to the findings at Colliguay, Maksaev says: ā€œAt Colliguay, gold bearing quartz pyrite veins (Tirilenta) and gold bearing silicified breccia bodies (think the Gordon bx) (Vizcaino) occur peripheral to Lower Cretaceous granodioritic porphyry pervasively altered to quartz-sericite-chlorite (typical porphyritic alteration haloes) and containing stockworks of pyrite veinlets (think PN).ā€

Again, within these well-defined ā€œporphyritic beltsā€ there can be a lot of similarities that make the job of the geoscientists a lot easier when they have a preexisting road map/geomodel to follow.

4 Likes

The mineralization as shown in AURYNā€™s model (note labels of targets) is rather diverse and complex:

Also. who owns the remaining ā€œprivateā€ 3.3 percent of AURYN now that 1.7% has been surrendered?

1 Like

Lester (editā€¦) owns a portion. Given that heā€™s still claiming innocence in outgoing emails to shareholders I imagine his NUOCO holdings, CDCH position, etc are going to have to be forcibly taken from him vs Chapin giving them up to avoid a worse outcome down the road. Les is screwed either way so heā€™s inventivized to fight the good fight.

I believe Kleen owns a portion of NUOCO. Iā€™d argue that heā€™s at risk of losing his portion as well. This was an insider deal done at a ridiculous valuation determined by now known criminals (or at best those failing at their fiduciary responsibilities). Kleen should not stand to benefit b/c of his friendship with a director who has already agreed to give up his ownership.

JJ owns the remaining portion. Iā€™d love to hear anybody explain how he can expect to hold onto any remaining interest in NUOCO, CDCH, or MDMN but heā€™s probably borrowed against all of the above at this point.

2 Likes

Starting to bleed again .0077 on the BID This is ridiculous!!

All these bafoons should be stripped of all the insider deals and awarded to the shareholders of Medinah. Community property. NOT Lester property Kleen Property JJ property GC Property.

Wellā€¦I guess we all have become proficient at grin and bear it. But I still think there could be some measures in place to protect our share price. For one, as I have mentioned before, Auryn could be buying shares. On a day like today, why not buy a million shares. It would be beneficial for them, and at least keep the price flat. And the release of any information must start to come on a regular basis. Just some photos or progress reports would certainly ease the anxiety. I am flat out of reasons why we are trading at these levels. Does anyone have our backs?

Most likely because crooks are getting rid of shares before they are caught with them

I am convinced that Les and his cronies continue to sell illegal shares into the market. The bleeding will not stop until they either run out or are forced to stop by the authorities. I bet Les is still selling as fast as his grubby little paws can click a mouse button.

1 Like

Sorry to say it but this stock should get halted until these guys are brought to justice.

Halting it isnā€™t the answer. If the SEC steps in, MDMN is finished. Weā€™ll wind up on the gray sheets and die a slow death. All equity will be wiped out. Gary and quite frankly Mr. Tupper, need to be going aggressively after Les and whoever he gave the illegal shares to. The company must continue to trade, the action must be taken against the individuals responsible.

3 Likes

but how would I buy the ridiculously cheap / undervalued shares?

Canā€™t we put the share debacle behind us? We have no control over it. We should STILL be trading way above .08. Our focus should be on how to raise the share price, based on merits. I have made a couple of suggestions. Does anyone else have any? We are in dangerous territory now, and I for one am nervousā€¦

You must want to lose what little money you have left.

Thank you TSX. There should be a way of Halting it without putting it on the grays No?

No I donā€™t! I have about 100000k in this stock. Read what I wrote to TSX. Can you answer that question?

Being on an unregulated exchange poses some very tough challenges. If MDMN were an SEC-reporting company, the BOD would have more options but given were MDMN trades, the last thing we want is for this to be suspended. Suspensions differ from trading halts. I mistyped in my previous post.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/tradinghalt.asp

The SEC can only suspend for up to 10 days anyway and that is far too little time to do anything. Plus, when MDMN does reopen, it will be on the gray sheets and then weā€™re all screwed. I donā€™t know what Mr. Tupper can do but I would encourage any means necessary to get Lesā€™ accounts frozen. In addition, anyone who is colluding with Les should have their accounts frozen as well. Iā€™m sure there is a process to do this and it probably takes a long time. In the meantime, weā€™re at the mercy of whoever is selling.

2 Likes