Other Mining Stocks 2022

It is oversold or at least based on the info provided by the Company. One way or another, they do still need show that their mining operations is profitable which will validate their model for development for all the rest of it.

2 Likes

Metallurgical coal companies are getting some love lately.
HCC $41.53, METC $19.21, AMR $131.00.
The USA and Canada ships a lot of this type of coal out of country?
You guess where most of that goes…
History of metallurgical coal peaks have been during industrial expansion,
and in times of war.

These times feel familiar for some reason.For What its Worth by Buffalo Springfield play along with scrolling guitar chords and lyrics - YouTube

So far, KRR has held up nicely even with gold price tanking. Any nice news surprises or some more positive movement of gold next week should help the cause. Still sitting on my position for a little longer.

1 Like

Remember Monday, March 14, 2022 (10:00am - 11:00am EDT):

Karora Resources Inc. (TSX: KRR) (“Karora” or the “Corporation”) is pleased to announce senior management will host a conference call / webcast on March 14, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) to discuss the Corporation’s fourth quarter and full year 2021 results.
Webcast Link
(https://produceredition.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1532514&tp_key=a7ec892a2f)

Karora plans to issue a news release containing fourth quarter and full year 2021 results before markets open on Monday, March 14, 2022.

Expecting good news regarding Karora’s future rapid growth of nickel production with an increase of nickel by-product credits. This should reduce overall AISC gold production costs in future years.

EZ

1 Like

There are so many good mining companies to choose from as drilling season gets under way it is hard to highlight just one or two. Blackrock Silver Corp is certainly one of my favorites that I’m looking forward to doubling before the end of the year. See the chart I posted yesterday on the Charts for Metals and Stocks 2022 thread. First Majestic Silver clearly has an early interest as evidenced by a C$2.0 million Private Placement last year (part of a C$7M private placement). Earlier this month Eric Spott followed with a C$5M private placement.

With 110,00 metres of drilling completed at their flagship Tonopah West silver-gold project, the Company plans to deliver a maiden resource estimate by April 15th, 2022.
(Blackrock Silver Announces Inclusion Of The Victor Vein System Into Upcoming Maiden Resource Estimate At Tonopah West - blackrock silver)

Also read this summary from today, March 25, 2022 by Red Cloud:

1 Like

Have to mention Hot Chili again. They just delivered a large resource upgrade after some 50K+m of drilling and are at over 900M tonnes. They are on course for a PFS in late 2022. They have $30M+ in cash. And after their share consolidation their SP took a hit as is typical and they are sitting at only about $150M AU. If you are a long term copper investor this is starting to hit the size and likelihood of production that it is potentially good opportunity. They have Glencore and Chile’s PMP a investors.

HCH is an Australian company but the reosource is just up the coast from MDMN/AUMC. I am always surprised how little following they have received from the crowd here since it is at least in broad strokes, the very process the Alto would follow if ever it were to turn into a large copper mine.

The strike against the resource has been the relatively low grade which once was mostly around 0.5% CU. They’ve made good progress on defining a “high grade core” of the resource. And with the higher copper pricing, and the advantages of being near the Chilean coast at low altitude are probably going to overcome this complaint. But that is probably why the MC is only $150M Au at this point.

3 Likes

This is nice, but not really a surprise!

Karora Announces Updated Consolidated Gold Mineral Resource Highlighted by Maiden Gold Resource for the Larkin Zone at Beta Hunt; Consolidated Mineral Resource Now Totals 2.71 Million Measured and Indicated ounces and 1.21 Million Inferred ounces

Highlights:

• Beta Hunt Gold Measured and Indicated Mineral Resources increased by 7% to 1.12 million ounces and Inferred Mineral Resource increased by 46% to 786,000 ounces
  • Significant Beta Hunt additions include:
    • Maiden Larkin Mineral Resource comprising Measured and Indicated 1.44 million tonnes @ 2.6g/t for 119,000 ounces and Inferred 2.17 million tonnes @ 2.3g/t for 162,000 ounces
  • On a consolidated basis Karora’s Gold Measured and Indicated Mineral Resource inventory increased by 8% to 2.71 million ounces net of mining depletion
  • On a consolidated basis, Karora’s Gold Inferred Mineral Resources increased by 43% to 1.21 million ounces
  • The expanded Mineral Resource further supports Karora’s Growth Plan to increase production to a targeted 185,000 - 205,000 ounces per annum by 2024

TORONTO, April 7, 2022 /CNW/ - Karora Resources Inc. (TSX: KRR) (OTCQX: KRRGF) (“Karora” or the “Corporation”) is pleased to announce its Consolidated Gold Measured and Indicated (“M&I”) Mineral Resource, net of depletions, has increased by 8% and the Consolidated Inferred Mineral Resources have increased by 43%. The update is highlighted by the addition of the maiden Larkin Zone Mineral Resource at Beta Hunt which contributed 1.44 million tonnes @ 2.6 g/t for 119,000 ounces in the M&I category and 2.17 million tonnes @ 2.3 g/t for 162,000 ounces in the Inferred category.

(https://www.karoraresources.com/2022-04-07-Karora-Announces-Updated-Consolidated-Gold-Mineral-Resource-Highlighted-by-Maiden-Gold-Resource-for-the-Larkin-Zone-at-Beta-Hunt-Consolidated-Mineral-Resource-Now-Totals-2-71-Million-Measured-and-Indicated-ounces-and-1-21-Million-Inferred-ounce)

2 Likes

Very timely CHG!

Hot Chili Limited Commences Trading on US-Based OTCQX Market

TSX.V: HCH
www.hotchili.net.au

Mr. Christian Easterday reports:

Hot Chili Limited (ASX:HCH) (TSXV:HCH) (OTCQX:HHLKF) (the “Company”) is pleased to announce that its application to join the US-based OTCQX market has been accepted and the Company’s shares will commence trading in the US on the OTCQX® Best Market under the ticker OTCQX: HHLKF on 7 April 2022.

The OTCQX Best Market is the highest tier of OTC Markets Group’s market platforms, on which 12,000 US and international securities trade. The OTCQX Market is designed for established, investor-focused U.S. and international companies. To qualify, companies must meet high financial standards, follow best practice corporate governance, and demonstrate compliance with applicable securities laws.

Hot Chili Ltd has upgraded to OTCQX from the OTCQB® Venture Market where it has been trading since 6 May 2021. By upgrading to the OTCQX the Company is positioned to enhance its visibility and broaden its access to the extensive market of US retail, high net worth and institutional investors.

The primary advantages to North American investors of the Company’s inclusion on the OTCQX platform include:

• It allows trading of HCH securities in the local time zone; appealing to investors and brokers who prefer securities that trade and settle during US trading hours.

• Trades and settlements are conducted in US Dollars with no exchange rate risk or additional FX fees.

The Company’s shares will continue to trade on the Australian Securities Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol HCH, with its shares now also tradeable on the OTCQX market (www.otcmarkets.com).

Christian Easterday, Managing Director Hot Chili, commented:

“We are delighted to be moving up to OTCQX, as we deliver the next level of growth. An upgrade to OTCQX is a logical next step for Hot Chili. This designation is OTC Market’s top tier and a step towards greater liquidity and support to our active North American investor outreach.”

Finally sold at $5.39 U.S. which is around $6.78 Canadian. No reason to get too greedy. I will watch for a re-entry point if there is one. I think I flipped this something like 3 times now? All good.

4 Likes

Mike,
As you know, I’m not adept at day trading and usually put sell orders in well in advance from longer term charts. Foolish not to take some off the table when the opportunity permits. I took a few off the table today, also, but missed the high of the day selling at 5.36, so you did a little better than I did on hitting it near the high! I believe today’s action is a new all time high for KRRGF. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Even though I’m very much overweight on this one, I’m inclined to hold the majority of my core for a very long time. It will be going much much higher once Ni production figures into quarterly earnings, along with the AU.

I picked up some Hot Chili (HHLKF) today also, to start a position. Thanks to CHG bringing it to the attention of the forum thread. Volume is still low, but most starter positions are for a long term accumulation and hold. There is good DD available for those that are interested. Now is a good time to be accumulating from some of your favorites on any weakness. That’s what I’d done with Karora until now, FWIW.
EZ

1 Like

Well done Mike! KRR never got low enough for me to re-enter, but I still hold 75% of my original position. The chart is ready to bust out here:

I will probably take another 25% off the table on the breakout, but will look to add back constantly as long as they keep delivering. It’s such a great trading stock!

2 Likes

Just a word of caution about why I’m not fond of trading large percentages of a stock (25% is large when a large position is involved) that has the potential to run very hot. This may be considered a lesson on greed, or just not being disciplined enough. It is why I posted Moriarity’s 11 Lessons in early March. The bigger your positions, the less room for error you have. This may be more applicable to penny stocks and not necessarily applicable to Karora at all. I know I keep it in mind for some of my more speculative penny stocks in which I hold fairly large positions. I bought into De Grey Mining in mid 2019 for an average about a nickel. I had a large position as it only cost me about a nickel. Take a good look at this weekly chart.

You’ll notice it had a spectacular rise during the 1st half of 2020, I sold in increments of about 10%, but wasn’t disciplined to buy it back on dips, mostly because Fidelity had a $50 trading fee that they charge on foreign pink sheet stocks on a foreign exchange. Well, in March of 2020, most miners (and other stocks) took a very large dump, but didn’t affect DGMLF much. As time went on, I put many of the profits into my other “good” stocks that had crashed more than 50%. By the time I had sold 90% of my De Grey stock at a very good profit I decided to hold. I’m still holding with a large unrealized gain. It was too expensive to incrementally buy and sell around my diminished core position as it only trades a few thousand shares each day now, even with periodic significant spreads. It appears to be in a consolidation phase awaiting news. At least Karora is quite liquid and there shouldn’t be any problem trading around a core if one is disciplined enough to stick to what the charts are indicating. A couple of other of Moriarty’s lessons also applies. Hold more cash than normal. In times as uncertain as we are in today, March of 2020 comes to mind, Fundamentals don’t matter in the short term.

I think we are in for the long haul when it comes to Karora.
But then again, I also expected much more out of Great Bear, holding a nice position, when Kinross took it out rather suddenly.
EZ

Just FYI…for whatever the reason, I have had no trouble moving moderate amounts of KRRGF in/out of it on the OTC. It doesn’t act like a normal penny stock at all. (Compare to say AUMC…even a hundred dollar trade is a struggle! )

1 Like

It’s no longer a penny stock and quite liquid. I incur no fees on most OTC stocks from Fidelity. But I don’t spend much time day trading, either. I think Fidelity has different rules for day traders and may apply additional fees on those who trade in and out frequently in the same stock. Wthh Great Bear I’m glad I wasn’t in-between 25% out of my position when Kinross bought it out at what I consider cheap. At least they are well set to develop it and are getting out of Russia receiving about $680 Million for their assets there, and will make up losses easily. Kinross expects to complete approximately 200,000 metres of drilling using approximately 10 drill rigs in 2022. I don’t like paying short term capital gains tax!

If/when ever you dudes want me to post a chart on something just ask me in a post here and make sure you give me the ticker.

Sold out of my KRRGF @ 5.19 on April fools day. Hopefully I wasn’t a fool for doing so but the weekly and monthly charts are even looking seriously overbought and I didn’t have the best entry price to begin with. Better to be out wishing I was in than in wishing I was out.

I recently liquidated my ELRRF position while it was sitting in the 4.17 - 4.30 range before this current drop. The trading seemed odd like it was being held up there for some reason and considering its overbought state I figured better to take those profits as well. I don’t know if I’ll get back in any time soon as I have too much capital committed to miners as it is.

I sold out of my ESK position today at a small loss for technical reasons and because again I’ve already got too much invested in the sector.

The only miners I’m currently in are NSRPF, (stupidly overweight), SKE, HBEIF, and AMRK. A service I subscribe to has a few fund managers as subs who sometimes share their DD. One of them is quite bullish on AMRK and believes with all the money they’ve been making that they are likely to offer a special dividend and do a forward split. I’ve tracked this guy’s posts for the duration of my 8 month subscription and he’s done quite well for people. I’ve got 400 shares currently and the stock is starting to get some buyers into this dip, fwiw.

I’ll post a couple KRR charts tonight.

I’m not much of a chart reader of course but sold KRR because:
-Up 55% on latest flip
-At new high
-Some analysts price targets have been about reached
-Give it a 50% chance of a gold price correction that drag it down
-Good chance of no significant news for awhile which will tend to drag the price down.

Regarding NSRPF, thought again about averaging down but still don’t like the continued cash burn and don’t really know at this point what will turn it around. I don’t believe they have the numbers separated out to figure out how profitable the gold production part is but it at least appears that it is VERY unprofitable which is a head scratcher as the grade seems fine. (If it was profitable, wouldn’t they go out of their way to show this?) Most likely it has simply been mismanaged. Current management seems to have little stock and inflated benefits and have lost confidence of existing shareholders. Of course, this kind of sentiment could all suggest a bottom but who knows?

When I look at the chart of NVO from last April to now it just wreaks of manipulation after that shit financing they did. Also, I think all here have some awareness of the scoundrels that inhabit the mining sector. I’m not making any accusations, but I have noted over the years the level of near worship some people have shown of QH. I have no experience of the man myself but he is obviously a promoter and I’m not one to trust a person who always only tells people what they want to hear. Of course I can’t prove any foul play, but when you smell shit in the air it’s pretty likely there’s shit on the ground somewhere nearby.

When Kirkland Lake started to exit, I should have exited. (I’m sure they had perfect visibility on what is going on.) Hindsight is 20/20 of course. QH is a good geologist. Identifying mineral opportunity is one thing but turning it into a profitable mining operation is another. (Somebody didn’t know what they are doing for sure.) There is still hope for a turn around. They still can tap into their investments for cash without dilution and get their sorting machines to turn a profit so probably will just sit tight for now.

I just want to be clear that I’m not inferring the whole thing is a scam. I have seen the success of some of the companies that QH has been just as associated with. I just think if the entire sector were cleaned up it would look so different investors would think they need an eye exam. I made some good money trading NVO for two years prior to the last year. I wish I would have continued, but at least I didn’t sink nearly as much into it as I did MDMN! :slight_smile: