Other Mining Stocks

I had some Silver Wheaton, SLW, not sure of their canadian symbol. I only got out because the div created a tax witholding complication since I’m in USA.
Not investing advice, just saying I was there!
Might look into First Majestic. or Keith Neumeier’s new First Mining Finance to see what that’s about. Probably not for swing trading as he’s banking prop. for future sector recovery.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll add these to my list of considerations :slight_smile: the mineral bank looks like it could be a fun one to play as they are not in production yet.

Actually, I think they are distressed producers or explorers he’s buying at fire sale prices.

You know one of the problems with us middle aged males, is we can see retirement looming on the horizon and start worrying about having enough money. So what do we do? We try and hit a homerun with one stock… one runner instead of concentrating on singles and doubles to advance the runner and score. I’m much less focused on Medinah these days and concentrating more on my other stocks that move with the price of PM’s. Just my 1.5 cents worth

2 Likes

I regret being so heavy in MDMN; especially since its at such a lower price today. Somewhat youthful mistakes I guess. Working on a much broader PM and uranium-based porfolio now.

We need a leader.

As I remember Karra was brought on board based on the resume below and most importantly as a shareholder advocate and to improve shareholder relations. The most important isn’t happening. Secondary is a seeming lack of experience in finance , accounting and the markets. That’s a bad hire. No offense intended. I’m sure he is a good and intelligent person. Well qualified for positions other than the CEO of and up coming JR Mining Co dealing with South American Mining Sharks.

We need a CEO that has a proven track record with a successful Fortune 500 or better company. Find him and pay him. It’ll be worth it in the long run.

Thing about it Chapin.

President and Chairman

Mr. Karra is a results-oriented business executive with over 25 years of proven global leadership expertise in corporate strategic operations, client engagement, program and project management, executive and corporate coaching and mentoring. His Industry expertise is in the areas of: Management Consulting, Consumer Package Goods, Software, Social Media, Information Technology, Healthcare, Finance, Mining, Telecom and Infrastructure Capital Projects.
He has a proven track record of producing superior results. He has consulted with and advised companies from startups to Fortune 500 companies. Some of the companies he has worked with include: Accenture, American Express, AT&T, Microsoft, Dell, Coca Cola, Morgan Stanley, Port Authority of NY & NJ, Giants Stadium and the State System of Higher Education PA. He has an undergraduate degree in commerce. B.Com from India and has attended to an executive general management program from the Wharton school of business.

Speaking of broadening a profile any suggestions/plays? How about buy price targets and sell price targets? I’ve had a a lot of success with PVG.TO. They are about 8 months to a year out from production of a huge gold deposit. For the last year or two I’ve had lots of success buying at $6.75 or under and selling at $7.25 or more. Every year their SP swings this gap many times and they will be moving up from there as they move into production.

Actually I’m only 3 hour drive from their property and have relatives that work there. FWIW I haven’t played it yet, but have a couple friends that do the same as you. I do the same as you with my Mux , I have a core position then I have my stock I sell when it looks toppy and buy back in on dips. Just need more dips! Course if gold gets really serious it’ll probable bite me in the azz!

1 Like

I’ll check MUX out! Thanks! What kind of dip price target do you look for/sell for?

Had any success playing CDCH? That looks like it could be a fun play as well.

How do you play with no real volume?

I was doing some small flipping with CDCH early last year before the price tanked and got stuck holding the bag so my trading position became the beginning of my investment in the sister company. I only got 3-4 trades in before that happened but I think I averaged about 40% on them.

Inventus Mining (formerly Ginguro Exploration) - TSX-V:IVS, GNGXF

One very high upside and mid-to-long-term opportunity that I’m very excited about is Canadian junior explorer Inventus Mining (TSX-V:IVS, GNGXF), formerly Ginguro Exploration. With 85 million shares outstanding, it is currently trading at .08 (GNGXF is trading at just under.06) and has had a nice run of late from just over a penny. It has traded upwards to .30 a couple years ago, so it is in the MDMN historical range of trading, but not nearly as liquid. It is fully reporting on the TSX-V, so information is readily and publicly available.

Summary

Since 2009, Ginguro/Inventus has been focused on acquiring and proving up its paleoplacer properties surrounding Sudbury, Ontario in the Great Huronian basis. Paleoplacer deposits, particularly the Witswatersrand basin in South Africa are responsible for 40% of all the gold ever produced on Earth. Geological similarities between the prolific goldfields of Witwatersrand make the Huronian basin a world-class exploration target. So much so that Inventus appointed Dr. Lawrence Mitner, the foremost authority on paleoplacer deposits in the world, as well as the Witswatersrand Basin, to its Advisory board. The company believes that it has discovered the first large-scale paleoplacer deposit in North America and is focused on proving that up.

Inventus’ primary holding that has been explored is the Pardo Property which is a 3,300 hectare parcel subject to a joint venture between Inventus (65.5%) and Endurance Gold (35.5%). Inventus is the 100% owner of 80 sq km of claims surrounding the Pardo property. Exploration has occurred between 2009 and 2014 and has returned some spectacular at-surface gold grades in channel and grab samples. The gold mineralization of the paleo-placer channel occurs in a 4kmx11km corridor on the property. In 2015 the company shelved all exploration as they waited out the downturn in the metals market. In 2016 they are planning a bulk sampling program which has been financed through a recent convertible debenture (funded in part by Osisko Gold Royalties and Rob McEwen’s Evanachan Ltd).

Major Shareholders

Institutional Investors of note include:

1. Rob McEwen currently owns 18% of Inventus through his investment company Evanachan Ltd.  [Evanachan just purchased $500K more in convertible debentures](http://www.marketwatch.com/story/inventus-announces-closing-of-1550000-convertible-debt-and-special-warrant-financing-2016-04-11). Upon full conversion Evanachan would own approximately 44% of the company.

2. [Eric Sprott owns approximately 12% of Inventus](http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/eric-sprott-announces-acquisition-of-securities-of-inventus-mining-corp-2113133.htm). Additionally, Sprott Mining was recently announced as the operator of the Pardo Joint Venture between Inventus and Endurance Gold.

3. $1.5 billion [Osisko Gold Royalties recently purchased 300K in convertible debentures](http://www.marketwatch.com/story/inventus-announces-closing-of-1550000-convertible-debt-and-special-warrant-financing-2016-04-11). Upon full conversion of Osisko would own up to 11% of the company.

Finally, if you’ve read this far, you’re REALLY going to want to watch this 9 minute video that perfectly captures the huge potential of Inventus and its paleo-placer properties, as explained by Dr. Lawrence Mitner.

Channel, Grab and Bulk Sampling Results on Pardo Property

Godzilla Zone:

140 metres of 5.2 g/t gold
29 metres of 10.4 g/t gold
18.5 metres of 2.6 g/t gold

007 Zone:

31 metres of 36.5 g/t gold
20 metres of 28.7 g/t gold

Included grab samples ranging from 5.3 to 245.0

Eastern Reef:

92.5 metres of 4.2 g/t gold
85 metres of 2.85 g/t gold
56 metres of 2.7 g/t gold

These channels ranged in gold values from 1.1 to 40.0 grams per tonne

Western Reef:

5.5 metres of 1.8 g/t gold
5.5 metres of 1.3 g/t gold
5.5 metres of 1.0 g/t gold

Silver Lake:

3 metres of 10.4 g/t gold
2 metres of 6.3 g/t gold
1.7 metres of 10 g/t gold

Line 34

4 metres of 1.2 g/t gold
6 metres of 1.1 g/t gold
0.7 metres of 53.6 g/t gold

Trench 2

In 2009 Inventus expanded on their exploration work with two 500lb bulk samples. The results of which returned:

Trench 2 Pit A     3.5 g/t Au
 Trench 2 Pit B     4.6 g/t Au

Average gold recovery of 94% was achieved from this work using standard gravity separation and CIL testing.

Here is the NI 43-101 Technical Report filed in March 2015.

My Outlook

I am probably as excited about Inventus as I was with MDMN in its heyday. The fact that they have McEwen and Sprott as major investors and now Osisko give the company complete street cred and gives me confidence in hitching my wagon to it. The conceptual and now validated prospect of Inventus sitting on or near a significant paleo-placer deposit is exciting. The fact that all of their mineralization is occurring within the top 3 meters of rock makes this a potentially very economical deposit to strip mine or shallow pit. They’ve done enough channel sampling to move on to a localized bulk sampling program in earnest. I truly believe that if/once bulk sampling proves the mineralization to be not only economical, but quite lucrative, then McEwen Mining (MUX) will pounce on this and acquire it shortly thereafter for several multiples from where it is now.

Cautionary Statements

Inventus is rather illiquid and volatile. It goes through periods of desolation and then periods of peak interest where it gains multiple baggers in short periods of time…usually news-based. This isn’t the type of stock you enter to make a quick and timely exit.

They are cash strapped and need to raise funds through convertible debt financing. Ideally a bulk sampling program could bring in revenues to offset some of these costs.

After a very promising couple of years exploring, they just survived their most difficult year as did most juniors due to the downturn in metals prices. They now have the funds to undergo their bulk sampling program this summer.

They are proposing a 1:2 reverse stock split to be voted on in the May 5 shareholders meeting. For some reason they feel 85 million shares is too many.

Because the property is in Canada, their work is seasonal so half the year it is very active and half the year the company is dormant. One bad summer (like summer of 2015) can be crippling to the share price and volume if you’re looking to exit.

3 Likes

Those interested in the Uranium sector may want to look at Mega Uranium. MGA
Their current market cap is $46.5 million. Their two largest assets right now are $48.4 million worth of Nexgen stock and $22.4 million worth of Toro Energy stock. A million or so in cash and a couple million in liabilities. They also have some Australian claims with 17 millions pounds of NI 43-101 compliant resources. They seem quite undervalued right now with $70 million in assets, not including their properties, and a market cap of only $46.5 million.

Nexgen maybe be a bit overbought but will probably keep trending north as they’ve extended their drill program based on how good their results have been. Toro probably won’t be doing too much moving soon but they are hoping to become Australia’s next uranium mine. That mine is 84 millions pounds of lower grade uranium, all open-pitable from surface down to 30 meters.

Get exposure to both companies at a discounted price with Mega. But don’t take my advice as I’m not a financial advisor. I just turn wrenches all day.

Just mentioning McEwen and Sprott in the same sentence made me perk up. Thanks for the headsup…I’ll definitely take a close look!

I know. I originally got hooked into Inventus (then-Ginguro), when some MUX investors were posting about Rob investing $1,000,000 into Ginguro. At the same time (not-so-coincidentally I’m sure), the company announced spectacular results at the 007 zone. The stock went from like a penny to .40 or so in a few weeks.

Sprott entered the picture a couple of years ago, but just last week filed an Early Warning Report disclosing his holdings in Inventus.

And yesterday’s announcement revealed Osisko taking a position as well. Their $300K investment is just a drop in the bucket for them, but the fact that such a big company (C$1.5 billion market cap) is taking a position in Inventus definitely has implications beyond their initial investment.

Looks like a good one but I don’t think we can buy off toronto exchange down here in the states, at least not with ameritrade. thanks for the tip though.

Inventus is co-listed as GNGXF on the greys in the US. That is what I own. Again, it is not very liquid so this is definitely the type of company you buy and put in your sock drawer…or make sure you sell when volume is spiking. Or just put in a GTC at your desired price and walk away from it. I’m in this one to see what comes of McEwen’s investment in it.