Other Mining Stocks

Thanks for the reply Hurricane.Great tips.

The video was worth watchingā€¦found it very interesting. FWIW

Any thoughts Rick on enter before or after the vote?

1 Like

I would wait until after the vote. I think the stigma of doing a reverse split regardless of the circumstances will always spook investors. Plus the stock has run a bit over the past month based on it coming out of a dormant condition and the addition of Sprott. So I would wait for pullbacks. Since they arenā€™t going to be doing any exploration for a couple of months, the news cycle should be light and I could see it drift down a bit.

2 Likes

Great tip Rick, Iā€™ll put this idea on my watchlist and look for a lower price to enter. Looks close to a 52 week high, looks a little high right now. But that being said I know that Canadian summer is around the corner, the snow is just about gone, and perhaps this means sampling and exploring activity and hence moving share price upwards?

Anyone have any ETF experience? Iā€™m looking at getting into ZJO and ZEO both are Canadian ETFs tracking junior oil stock companies, the ETFs are unleveraged and put together by Bank of Montreal. Looks like they could be good plays for the upward oil prices. Iā€™m interested but leary about getting into leveraged ETFs like UWTI which is 3x leveraged (follows oil futures price). Itā€™s tempting though! Itā€™s apparently one of the top 10 traded ETFs in America. UWTI is down around $26 a mere year or more ago was $400 or more! But the question is, does the leverage decay prohibit UWTI from going back up to what it once was?? Anyone know?

Couple Iā€™ll throw out there. These are not out of left field- Franco Nevada (FNV) like MUX , has little debt, broad scope, good management.
first majestic silver (AG), great management and accumulating some great assets on the cheap.

A little less known- brazil resources (BRIZF)
have listened to two separate hedge fund managers list this as their favorite up and coming silver play.

Another one out of left field - first mining finance, same crew as first majestic I believe

Could be a nice play upon a pullback

http://www.mining.com/web/altius-minerals-takes-advantage-of-market-weakness/?utm_source=digest-en-mining-160413&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digest

Iā€™m not familiar with either of the oil ETFs you mentioned but if they mostly track the albertan oil sands they probably wonā€™t be doing a whole lot any time soon. If I recall most of the oil sands companies need oil at $70 or so to break even.

1 Like

This is another free publication I get with quotes on various miners from mining analysts

http://editor.ne16.com/vo/?FileID=b2cbe82c-7039-41cd-a76a-7ea36242c8b5&m=8f3a83b9-4fe6-435c-b9d8-6c4e41f88c93&MailID=31686742&listid=76998

2 Likes

First mining and first majestic mentioned in posts a few weeks back. I forgot to post canadian symbols.

Iā€™ve been keeping an eye on First Mining for a while. Theyā€™ve really jumped up since they acquired Cilfton Star whose property will be their new flagship property. Iā€™ll be picking some up on a retracement.

Inventus had a nice day today on decent volume (for them). TSX.V: IVS up 33% to .10. The co-listed GNGXF on the grey sheets was up 14.5% to .068. Like I said, it doesnā€™t take much to move this stock.

http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/quote/v.ivs/inventus-mining-corp

Iā€™m hoping for a pullback closer to the date in Mayā€¦as people get nervous. Least I hope!

Yah it looks a little high priced now. Likely better to wait for a pullback.

WOW Invesntus up 25% today, guess I should have bought in at 7.5 cents

Maybe volume almost double normal on the TSX