Other Mining Stocks

MUX

In this weekly interval chart you might not see the Adam & Eve bottom, but the next chart will clearly illustrate it. Last week’s candle, the last on the chart, was all breakout and closed above the 50 week MA. The next MA resistance on this chart is the black 130, which was where the last enthusiastic run to 2.00 was snuffed out. This time the 130 is at 1.64 with a very gradual downward slope. It would be nice to be above that and the light blue 180 MA above it by year’s end.

This next chart is a daily interval highlighting the Adam & Eve formation. The breakout is all the candles to the right and outside of the ellipse. The pink horizonal lines are gaps in the trading price, and the red line at 1.79 near the top of the chart should be at 1.77, which is the target of the Adam & Eve breakout.

This next chart is a daily interval showing that the breakout occurred from the top of the green 200 MA. You can also see that the red 20 EMA has been solid support for the past couple weeks, as well as having crossed above all the other moving averages and sloping more steeply upward. As long as the uptrend is strong, the 20 EMA will be pretty solid support. After a few more weeks of hopefully strong movement, the blue 50 MA will have sloped further north and should provide the support for larger pullbacks.

The next daily interval chart shows Fibonacci retracement support likely to be found on any further pullback. The 50% level is at 1.23 and the 62% level is at 1.18. Two MA’s mentioned already to watch for support are the 50 weekly MA at 1.22 and the 20 EMA on the daily chart at 1.14 but will increase a few cents daily as long as the uptrend continues.

Gold at 1916 and rising. Silver over 23.

1 Like

Gold up $30 now. Silver up $1.30. Bitcoin is up over $300 and heading towards completing a giant adam & eve formation on the weekly interval chart that has it going to 16,966.00 if it plays out. The breakout doesn’t occur until it moves above 10,500.

The bitcoin symbol I watch is the “Bitcoin/US Dollar BITSTAMP”, for those who care.

Gold just came .10 from hitting the target of the inverted head and shoulders formation at 1949.3. So much for pullbacks!

Gold 1960 lol looks like nobody knows where that pull back will be. Never seen before. This thing looks like it will hit 2000 before the week is over.

You hear that Hochschild and Cordoba 2000 and up! Let’s start pulling this gold out and not just sit on it!

$Silver at $26, spot and front month future. First time in quite a while that spot and the front month are nearly equal. We’ll see if that means we are ready for a pullback or not. Here is a chart I have kept for a long time:

Silver was trapped in a trading range box for along time. And then it just exploded out of the box. I was looking for it to get to that $26 to $29 range eventually after it broke out but not with this kind of speed. That range could definitely be resistance. And now $SILVER will be really overbought. You can see from the RSI below that $SILVER often gets to a weekly RSI of 85 or so before reversing. We were around 77 today. So this week may very well get us there. If we do pull back I would expect it to be into the fall and then when the strong season starts again (Nov - Feb) we could get the next leg up. But the way this is going, who knows, maybe it will just head into the $30s.

3 Likes

$SILVER peaked on the 2nd China commodity peak in 2011. Then it busted just like most commodities all the way till this March when we got the COVID crazy low. 9 years of sucking wind. $GOLD started showing it was slowly being remonetized really since the 2016 low and especially since mid-2019. This is not surprising as $GOLD is being accumulated by CBs all over the place. $SILVER basically still has no official financial system support. You really can’t go anywhere in the world and buy anything with it unless you convert it to fiat first. With $GOLD you can settle large debts between large entities / banks / CBs. So $Silver continued being a commodity and has lagged $GOLD like all the commodities have. But compare the sudden divergence the past couple of weeks. $Silver is now chasing to catch up to $GOLDs progress the past few years. Hitting $26, puts both up right at 90% since the 2016 lows. So as of tonight it has basically caught up percentage wise. What does this mean for $Silver? Is this pure speculation? Is it going to take a more official place along side $GOLD?

2 Likes

As I was writing that we got to $26.20, the bottom line of resistance, and $Gold and Silver puked. $Silver down almost $2. We’ll see where it is in the morning.

1 Like

Yes, a lot of professionals have been anticipating that silver could experience a correction coming up soon - so thanks for that information.

It seems to me whatever correction we have is going to be ameliorated by the US Dollar going down (see DXY) and TIPS going up (see TIP).

I just created a forum here on Mining Play called, “Charts for Metals and Stocks” in order to keep this forum uncluttered so folks can more easily access all the great DD offered here.

9 Likes

I flee to TIPS often, gold back on the rise tonight
Listen to this guy, David Hunter. Been spot on.

and Jesse Felder…

TDK.

Fast and furious … not wasting anytime:
:astonished:

Karora Resources Announces Share Consolidation Effective as of Market Open on July 31, 2020 and Partial Monetization of Orford Mining Position

News Release Issued: Jul 30, 2020 (5:10pm EDT)

TORONTO, July 30, 2020 /CNW/ - Karora Resources Inc. (TSX: KRR) (“Karora” or the “Corporation”) is pleased to report, further to its news release dated July 22, 2020, the previously announced consolidation of the common shares in the capital of the Corporation (the “Common Shares”) will come into effect as of the open of trading on July 31, 2020 on the basis of one (1) post-consolidation Common Share for every four and a half (4.5) pre-consolidation Common Shares (the “Consolidation”). Prior to the Consolidation, approximately 648,700,031 Common Shares were issued and outstanding. Following the effective date of the Consolidation, approximately 144,155,562 Common Shares will be issued and outstanding. No fractional Common Shares will be issued as a result of the Consolidation. Any fractional Common Shares resulting from the Consolidation will be rounded up to the next higher whole number if the fraction is a half (0.5) Common Share or greater, and rounded down, without compensation, to the next lower whole number if the fraction is less than a half (0.5) Common Share. As a result of the Consolidation, the Corporation’s outstanding warrants will be proportionately adjusted such that four and a half (4.5) warrants are now exercisable for one post-Consolidation Common Share at an exercise price of $2.25 per Common Share. Proportionate adjustments will also be made to the Corporation’s other convertible securities.

The Consolidation has been approved by the Toronto Stock Exchange. The Corporation’s symbol remains KRR. Computershare Investor Services Inc. (“Computershare”) has mailed letters of transmittal to the Corporation’s registered shareholders providing instructions on exchanging share certificates and DRS advices representing pre-Consolidation Common Shares for share certificates and DRS advices representing post-Consolidation Common Shares. Shareholders are encouraged to send their completed letter of transmittal, together with any share certificates representing pre-Consolidation Common Shares, to Computershare in accordance with the instructions in the letter of transmittal.

Sale of shares of Orford Mining Corporation

The Corporation also announced today that it has agreed to sell, directly and through a wholly-owned subsidiary, 11,251,456 common shares (“Shares”) of Orford Mining Corporation (“Orford”) at a price of $0.09 per share for aggregate consideration of $1,012,631. The Corporation currently owns or controls 22,502,911 common shares and warrants to purchase up to an additional 1,095,505 common shares of Orford representing an approximate 23.6% interest in Orford on an undiluted basis and 24.5% on a partially diluted basis. Immediately following the completion of this sale, the Corporation will own or control 11,251,455 common shares and warrants to purchase up to 1,095,505 common shares, representing an approximate 11.8% interest in Orford on an undiluted basis and 12.8% on a partially diluted basis. The Corporation disposed of the Shares of the Orford for investment purposes only. The Corporation intends to review, on a continuous basis, various factors related to its investment, including (but not limited to) the price and availability of the securities of Orford, subsequent developments affecting Orford or its business, and the general market and economic conditions. Based upon these and other factors, the Corporation may decide to purchase or sell securities of Orford. For additional information, an early warning report will be filed on SEDAR under Orford’s profile or may be obtained by contacting the contact person listed below for the Corporation.

About Karora Resources

Karora is focused on growing gold production and reducing costs at its integrated Beta Hunt Gold Mine and Higginsville Gold Operations (“HGO”) in Western Australia. The Higginsville treatment facility is a low-cost 1.4 Mtpa processing plant which is fed at capacity from Karora’s underground Beta Hunt mine and open pit Higginsville mine. At Beta Hunt, a robust gold mineral resource and reserve is hosted in multiple gold shears, with gold intersections along a 4 km strike length remaining open in multiple directions. HGO has a substantial historical gold resource and highly prospective land package totaling approximately 1,800 square kilometers. Karora has a strong Board and management team focused on delivering shareholder value. Karora’s common shares trade on the TSX under the symbol KRR. Karora shares also trade on the OTCQX market under the symbol KRRGF.

https://www.karoraresources.com

The US symbol is now KRRGD and the closing price is 2.57.

Some are reporting that the number of shares in their account has stayed the same but reflects the new share price jumping their account valves by nearly 500% overnight :slight_smile:

Still think it is quite possible there will actually be jump in share valve with the purported institutional investors now able to buy. My guess, the little guys will be buying today on that possibility and run it up some. Doesn’t hurt that the price of gold took another jump overnight.

Novo Files Egina Technical Report and Satisfies Bellary Dome Conditions

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/novo-files-egina-technical-report-and-satisfies-bellary-dome-conditions-2020-07-31-91845052?tesla=y

CHG, Really appreciate your posts here.

You are undoubtably one of the best original and deepest thinkers on this board. I really appreciate the 20 year silver chart. I didn’t remember the incredible rise in 2008 to $21.44 and equally incredible steep decline to $8.40 at the end of the year!

Certainly demonstrates the unpredictability of the market. NO sure bets here. If you are not a trader, this Jesse Livermore quote might fit - “Be Right - Sit Tight”

From the GOLD MARKET WIRE site - NEWS, ANALYSIS AND COMMENTARY FOR GOLD TRADERS AND INVESTORS a trading strategy article might be applicable:

Gold and Silver Start to Retrace

July 28, 2020 - (Gold Market Wire) - Gold and, especially Silver, have begun to retrace part of their recent extraordinary gains as volatility continues to buffet the Precious Metals Market. The chart action has been wild, especially to the upside…and now, as markets are won’t to do, the reverse.

Ounce Gold USD

And if you think that was some action - try the Star of the Show in recent weeks - Silver.

Ounce Silver USD

It should be lost on no one that what goes up comes down, even in a Gold bull market of historic dimensions. There will be no free rides into the stratosphere. You either retain the discipline to buy as the market comes down - small at first - and then larger - with no margin (especially in Silver) or with minuscule amounts in Gold…and then sell out of the position gradually as we move up, no matter how convinced you are that $3,000 is “right around the corner”. If you don’t you will either chase the market, as many just did, or hold on to length through the whole roller-coaster ride… which isn’t trading, but just ‘buy and hold’/Warren Buffet - style investment strategy.

We advised, as we approached the all-time high to start the lightening up process in a serious fashion. For those that followed our disciplined route, we were scaling out of the market as we crossed the all-time high, and, yes, we happily missed most (though not all) of the the move up from the old high at $1921 to $1981. Of course a trailing stop can help in execution, but how many platforms guarantee them these days? If some still do - they soon won’t. That leaves staying on the screen 20 hours a day as the other option, unless you can hand off the orders to people/platforms around the globe (good luck with that). A much better approach is to retain the discipline of sales into rising markets, and if you’re overly concerned that you’ll miss the ‘moon shot’, then increase the investment position and scale back the trading position. Given the volatility we can expect over the next 2 years, that is probably not a bad idea.

When the going gets crazy, its time to put the ‘perspective’ goggles on. Volatility is now the order of the day and it isn’t going to stop any time soon. The United States is heading into complete chaos, and the EU isn’t far behind. The western world is in big trouble. Without discipline in the trading arena, you’ll be cut to pieces.

Right now, the end of month settlement approaches, and its going to be important in indicating how we might drift down. Just as an addendum to today’s opening report, don’t forget that any signs that Biden could take the US Presidency will be damaging to the US Dollar and Gold positive. We wouldn’t call the inverse premonitions to be completely, only relatively, true. Gold is in a bull market of a serious nature. For the trading book, our focus should now be picking an entry point for a first place to establish small length.

2 Likes

KRR continues to impress. Few things to look forward to short term:

-Finalize the mmx royalty
-Close the deal for Spargos Reward
-Exploration update on HGO pits
-BH Exploration campaign announcement
-Coarse gold occurrences
-ASX listing date

Potential news in the future

-Ore sorting testing update
-increased production
-Additional milling solutions
-More gold discoveries

Informative video. Comments from MMX, the royalty holder of KRR’s Beta Hunt mine.

Maverix Metals (MMX) - Royalty Company Continues Rapid Growth - YouTube Comments are at the 15:30 timemark

In a nutshell, the odds are VERY high this is going to run further in the short term.

2 Likes

Currently my biggest holding. I like the direction this is headed, especially with the likelihood gold is headed higher with all the money printing going on

2 Likes

From J. Taylor’s weekly update: “I am led to believe [Novo] will have some big news early next week. Hopefully it will be in the public domain before Quinton comes on my show on Tuesday. Novo continues to be one of my top picks and I think when people start to realize just how close the company is to production and how high the production margins are likely to be and how large scale this company can become, Novo’s shares will rocket dramatically higher.”

4 Likes

Hey Mike, how about when KRR further explorers all of these high grade hits:

3 Likes